Hocks

New keys

Wondering if anyone can advise.
Purchased a Patrol GU 2006 3L diesel about a month ago.
It only had the one key so went to Rieds repair and keys on Perth.
They cut us two flip keys.
The immobiliser part works but can't program the central locking system.
They tried to programme them but were unable to get the car to go into programme mode.

Any suggestions?

They suggested replacing the drivers door switch but no joy with swapping it.

Tried a number  of variations from their site to others on forums and Google.

The part I don't understand is how the immobiliser can work but not the remote?

Anyway there is a method to get programming mode ON for remotes aka ID code.

image.thumb.png.481e8ae7e67174f1692ab5ee25396a19.png

image.thumb.png.5a63e7d9aa58db25860a2f707ab14b7f.png

Does your warning buzzer work when you leave ignition key in  position and open the door aka that annoying chime?

If it doesn't it is possible that previous owner had disconnected the plug under the steering wheel to silence it (very popular modification) which means the remote programming function can't be activated due to no detection of the key or "key switch signal" which can be unintended consequence of such modification. Easy to fix temporarily, just remove cover under the steering wheel and re-connect it for remote programming.

Regards be

Edited by Rumcajs

Well, it may be that some of the prerequisites are not fullfiled therefore it will not go in to programming mode.

For start, the actual method is less then ideal so any discrepancy there may be a cause.

The unit itself is mounted on the passenger side underneath the SRS airbag module on the steel tube which holds entire dashboard/crash pad in the place. When you remove glove box and look up you'll see it. It is a white semi transparent box. (That is on mine ST model 2005 Series 4)

You should confirm that all condintions are fullfilled.

Here is trouble shooting guide:

image.thumb.png.76b780b612bf6f651dd57f9be7be5ef5.png

image.thumb.png.28b0cec924a52b5e407fcad313b4e147.png

image.thumb.png.7b498e58f741d976cdd1056bd6e51a71.png

image.thumb.png.c34b6419db8e6aa7bfdb3b41749645d7.png

Edited by Rumcajs

Tried and failed.

I think the unit I need to test is behind the stereo.

The unit I located was the keyless system. Which only had 8 wires coming from it.

From further research, seems it is a common problem and the best solution is to replace it with an after market one.

I do have a Gourdan (or something like that)one which I intend to use but the wires do not match those of another thread.

I wondered if you how and whether there is anything I need to know about.

Thanks again.

Sorry mate I would not know what "Gourdan" is, but if the  factory remote works then I find it weird that adding keys won't work.

Regards

Here is wiring diagram for 2006 revision AU ==> maybe that one is yours.

Location of multi-remote (M133) is B1 on the harness layout passenger side .....

image.thumb.png.161a98030150c5cb35d6d13e2d44d0f4.png

image.thumb.png.e7e34a23816910369cfe184df6c0e3f0.png

image.thumb.png.627f1dc97f9afec235b39799e996ac70.png

image.thumb.png.a15cc437e019a7d5e0e17baaecff400c.png

image.thumb.png.2d495d8aba864f908d95b7a135e3728a.png

image.thumb.png.9ed810d5b1b1c6a4f816e4c5761cb5ae.png

image.thumb.png.2d3abc00f488f51c2a9a796c88fb7dbc.png

image.thumb.png.12771c54438c591dd7c81c56bfd16958.png

image.thumb.png.4b5f1b0eac85f5fe2a077dc69ac8ef2a.png

image.thumb.png.865a6e54556ae6f53e62a9f506afee14.png

image.thumb.png.1bf854db2942c8c7663194683cf74c51.png

Thanks.

I don't have any remotes that work.

I brought the vehicle about a month ago without a remote.

I purchased two but not been able to program them as I can not get the veh into program mode.

I read this is a common problem and most replace the keyless entry with an aftermarket one.

I'm no auto electrician and most of that was lost on me. 

I have picked up a workshop manual.

Any chance you would know which diagram would be the one. Diagram attached.

I can't find whether Patrols ate negitive or positive feed.

Screenshot_2017-12-06-17-08-48.png

Screenshot_2017-12-05-17-12-44.png

Mate,

Patrols are positively switched for most of the things. Anyway I have posted previously the scheme/diagrams for central locking on Patrols. I don't really understand what am I looking at in regards to wiring manual you have posted. Is it for central locking or for alarm?

IMHO No.3 sounds like one.  Don't forget that door locking relay reverses polarity to electric motors to lock or unlock.

Is the central locking working? E.g. when you turn the key in the drivers door lock does it lock/unlock all the doors and or when you push central locking button on the drivers side does it lock/unlock?

If so then all you need to do is to hack the multi-remote signals nothing else or so is my understanding. 

If you look at multi-remote from Nissan for Australia  for 2006 revision (my previous posts) then it is simple 8 pin control box (M133)

Pin 1 =>  Ground

Pin 2 =>  Battery positive B+

Pin 3 => RH side indicator signal

Pin 4 => Ignition ON positive aka 15+

Pin 5 =>  Lock signal to unified meter control unit (aka Instrument cluster)

Pin 6 => Unlock signal to Unified meter control unit

Pin 7 =>  Driver lock status (ground when locked from driver door actuator)

Pin 8 => LH side indicator signal

There are multiple variations of multi remote, there is  16 pin unit in previous revisions, unless you know what is in yours it isn't easy to figure out from just wiring diagrams. However you've mentioned that yours is 8 pin unit.

Regards

Edited by Rumcajs

Ramcajs,

Thanks for your help and patience.

I have finally sorted it.

The central locking worked it was I couldn't get the veh into program mode to link the new keys I had made up as the key that came with it had a faulty remote.

I have it all working. Eventually taking out the old keyless entry and wiring straight into that.

The module I replaced it with us an alarm and immobiliser and I may tap into the alarm side but that's for another day.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hocks

20 minutes ago, Hocks said:

Ramcajs,

Thanks for your help and patience.

I have finally sorted it.

The central locking worked it was I couldn't get the veh into program mode to link the new keys I had made up as the key that came with it had a faulty remote.

I have it all working. Eventually taking out the old keyless entry and wiring straight into that.

The module I replaced it with us an alarm and immobiliser and I may tap into the alarm side but that's for another day.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hocks

Glad you have sorted it out. To help other if in similar situation, feel free to do up a post about swapping remote control from factory unit to aftermarket unit.

Regards

On 12/7/2017 at 6:11 PM, Rumcajs said:

Mate,

Patrols are positively switched for most of the things. Anyway I have posted previously the scheme/diagrams for central locking on Patrols. I don't really understand what am I looking at in regards to wiring manual you have posted. Is it for central locking or for alarm?

IMHO No.3 sounds like one.  Don't forget that door locking relay reverses polarity to electric motors to lock or unlock.

Is the central locking working? E.g. when you turn the key in the drivers door lock does it lock/unlock all the doors and or when you push central locking button on the drivers side does it lock/unlock?

If so then all you need to do is to hack the multi-remote signals nothing else or so is my understanding. 

If you look at multi-remote from Nissan for Australia  for 2006 revision (my previous posts) then it is simple 8 pin control box (M133)

Pin 1 =>  Ground

Pin 2 =>  Battery positive B+

Pin 3 => RH side indicator signal

Pin 4 => Ignition ON positive aka 15+

Pin 5 =>  Lock signal to unified meter control unit (aka Instrument cluster)

Pin 6 => Unlock signal to Unified meter control unit

Pin 7 =>  Driver lock status (ground when locked from driver door actuator)

Pin 8 => LH side indicator signal

There are multiple variations of multi remote, there is  16 pin unit in previous revisions, unless you know what is in yours it isn't easy to figure out from just wiring diagrams. However you've mentioned that yours is 8 pin unit.

Regards

Hi Rumcajs, 

I’m currently having exact same problem. Bought a 2008 Nissan Patrol a few months back with a dodge remote and only one key. Purchased a new key with fob from locksmith they were able to program the chip to get both keys starting the car but have been unsuccessful in getting car into program mode to set up keyless entry. 

Also put car into Nissan dealership who were also unable to program the keyless entry. 

At a loss as I have $200 key now that starts the car but does nothing else. 

Im far from mechanically minded but judging from your diagrams above I just need to go through and test all the wires/connections with a multi meter and find circuit M133? 

The beeping happens when the key is in ignition with door open so I was also wondering if you could supple further details on how to hack the multi remote signals. Central locking also works fine.

Cheers, 

Ni$$an $tealers can't do that! That they were unable to do so is astounding.

Now I'm not sure what further details you require but I know that system will not enter in to programming mode unless all circuitry is correct. However I don't have 2008 model revision available so I can only speculate in this case.

The wiring diagrams for Patrols are the nightmares because of so many revisions and changes on the fly they make. 

I will try to dig for more info so bear with me.

Cheers