Rumcajs

Pics of your Patrol in nice places...

This was a trip we did with 2 other mates in Botswana salt pans ( just to the north west of South Africa )...... Kilometers and more kilometers of absolute flatness !!!

On this trip :

My Iron Maiden ( still with old wheel cover ) 4.2L turbo diesel

My mate Grant's 4.2L turbo diesel ST ( with 400 000Km and still original motor never opened )

My mate Greg's 3.0 GL ( with the camping trailer )

2013-09-21-862.jpg

2013-09-21-867.jpg

2013-09-21-864.jpg

2013-09-21-865.jpg

My 2 girlfriends.....hahahaha..... at the border post of South Africa and Lesotho ( landlocked country within South Africa )

The one that doesn't moan at me still showing off her oldest original wheel cover 

17062011822.jpg

Edited by ricster

That is a sweeeeeeet pic man !!!

hahahaha.... I just got a little worried for a second there when you mentioned " Deep Creek" and "Backstairs passage" in one sentence..... hahaha....

Just kidding 

That wind deflector.... Is it a bought item or DIY ?

Edited by ricster

That is a sweeeeeeet pic man !!!

hahahaha.... I just got a little worried for a second there when you mentioned " Deep Creek" and "Backstairs passage" in one sentence..... hahaha....

Just kidding 

Crickey, nothing is sacred anymore ==>

The Backstairs Passage is a strait lying between Fleurieu Peninsula on the Australian mainland and the eastern end of Kangaroo Island in South Australia. The western edge of the passage is a line from Cape Jervis on Fleurieu Peninsula to Kangaroo Head (west of Penneshaw) on Kangaroo Island.................................

Deep Creek and Newland Head on the Fleurieu Peninsula coast

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backstairs_Passage 

KangarooIslandMap.png

Edited by Rumcajs

Aaaaahhh, I understand now....... thank goodness for Google when one is on the other side of the world......hahahahaha

How does one get onto Kangaroo Island? By ferry from Cape Jervis ?

Aaaaahhh, I understand now....... thank goodness for Google when one is on the other side of the world......hahahahaha

How does one get onto Kangaroo Island? By ferry from Cape Jervis ?

Yep, 45 mins ride, bloody expensive though $400 AUD return for a car up to 5m length (lucky Patrol is 4.95 m cough.... ) and 2 passengers.

Marvelous place, planning to go again this year.

Regards

i think everyone was focused on Valentines day..... hahahahaha..... I gave my one valentine a bottle of nice perfume, and my other valentine a full body wash, sort of a wax on wax off type of thing.....