GU 3lt DI clutch..

Fathom

So.. I think my clutch is on its last legs.. Very high on the pedal. And it may be my imagination, but I think I have felt it slip a couple of times. :blink: Only by a hundred or so RPM... I think..

It seems lower on the pedal when in high or low range, dont understand that.. but true..

Thus.. What is the best course of action?

Stay dual mass? Go solid mass conversion? Anyone have any thoughts on the best/best value brands?

Any input would be appreciated.

Lol you are right about that! She saw me looking at a website yesterday for a company that sells clutch kits.. I cant repeat what she said to me without risking breaking profanity rules!

NB: You may have to fight your daughter to get my truck... :P Although if the wife kills me, I would prefer you have it than her... I dont want it painted pink! I would turn in my grave! :huh:

I went a solid flywheel and an Exedy Racing Tuff clutch. I don't relly like it as it is harsh in the engagement due to the lack of weight in the motors internals, but as Bogmeister said, it was much much cheaper and reliable than the DMF.

Well we got ours back late Friday arvo. Exedy heavy duty clutch and single flywheel but it also needed the 4th and 5th synchros to be done and while he had it open did all the bearings. My god it feels so much nicer now. Little bit harsher feel though the driveline but it has no heavier pedal feel at all. I love it so far would not go back to DMF. Can't wait to try it out off road in our upcoming long weekend away.

Glad you are happy with yours CammoSS, I will call my mechanic today, may as well just bite the bullet and get it done, These after market clutches seem to claim a lot more clamping power, so hopefully it will be all good...

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going with an Exedy sports tuff SMF conversion, the mechanic dropped the truck back home last night, so have not had a chance to drive it yet. He says if you didnt know, you could tell the difference.. But wont be able to tell that properly till I get a chance to drive it.

Might take it for a run along Bribie island on Saturday morning to see what I think.