2.8 power options.

Deanfoldi

Hey guys I just got myself a 2.8 gu and am trying to get a bit more low down torque out if her.... So far I just got a 3" exhaust and now looking at Chips and Egr blocking plates. Just wondering what chips people are using ? The roo systems chip seems to give greater increases then the other systems I have been looking at. Any body running a chip I'd love to hear what u have and how it performed after if you have the time to let me know. Thanks for your help.

Dean.

Edited by Deanfoldi

If your chasing low range torque I would suggest a new cam and intake to compliment the 3' exhaust.

This alows the engine to breath a lot easier and you'll find a bit less turbo lag to..

And if you have some $$$ to blow, send some my way.. Then rip the head off and send it for a porting and valve oversizing. Don't bother with a shave or polish as these are a waste of time IMO (more money for very little if any increase.).

Edited by BigGQWesty

Don't waste money on cams and intake the gu has the better intake on it from the 2.8td

3" is a little big I run a 2 1/2 system off a 3" dump with egt in it I have also swapped the pump back to gq and upped the boost to 15 this made a huge diff

Mine had a chip installed when I first got it and it's a lot better to drive now full boost by 2000rpm if you are hard on it

Sent from somewhere else that isnt here