Blowby

Gupatrol

Hi everyone I’m just looking at buying a 2009 zd30 with 200 on the clock and was checking for blow by after running the car pretty hard at the test drive, I opened the And a bit of oil and smoke were spurting out. Just wanted to see if this was a patrol thing or I have something to worry about

cheers

I'm not sure I follow but yes ZD30 engines have a bit heavy breathing. I'm assuming you took a hose from the rocker cover breather off....

If there is no catch can on that thing after 200K I'd be checking what the intake manifold looks like, pretty much guaranteed that port holes are half the size by now from carbon and oil deposits. Sadly it is no quick fix either.....

Not sure I'd want that thing unless it is extremely cheap.

Regards

Edited by Rumcajs

Thank you and sorry when I took the oil cap off there was a bit of oil and smoke was seeing if that was a normal thing in patrols im only used to Toyotas 

On 12/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, Rumcajs said:

I'm not sure I follow but yes ZD30 engines have a bit heavy breathing. I'm assuming you took a hose from the rocker cover breather off....

If there is no catch can on that thing after 200K I'd be checking what the intake manifold looks like, pretty much guaranteed that port holes are half the size by now from carbon and oil deposits. Sadly it is no quick fix either.....

Not sure I'd want that thing unless it is extremely cheap.

Regard