GU motor grenade

skid

Can people give me some stats on the 3.0 engines, as to where they in a manual or automatic transmission Vehicle.

I'm doing as much homework as possible before I run out and buy one.

Cheers

I was thinking of something between 2003-2006, although I like the change on the dash and console in the 2005 on.. When you do the NADS do you also take the inlet manifold off and clean out the black crap that would have built up from the EGR and the oil vapor, before doing the NADS and fitting a catch can?

Yes it is preferable but you want to have the catch can and EGR shim in before cleaning manifold so it stays clean.

ZD30 is much better suited to automatic transmission but auto box has its own problems.

Knowing what I do now I'd think twice before going for GU Patrol with ZD30 but the others aren't any better so it is like: do I stab myself in the left or right eye? The sad fact is that I wouldn't know which one to buy anymore as each has some crappy problems with expensive fixes.

Cheers

Yes it is preferable but you want to have the catch can and EGR shim in before cleaning manifold so it stays clean.

ZD30 is much better suited to automatic transmission but auto box has its own problems.

Knowing what I do now I'd think twice before going for GU Patrol with ZD30 but the others aren't any better so it is like: do I stab myself in the left or right eye? The sad fact is that I wouldn't know which one to buy anymore as each has some crappy problems with expensive fixes.

Cheers

What are the problems with regards to your statement of "auto box has its own problems

". I'm aware of the problems with the old GQ auto transmissions as I have first hand experience, but to date all I have read about the gu transmissions is the Auto is much better and improved then thatn of the old GQ auto...

Any and all advise is appreicated, as I've never owned or driven a GU hence why doing as much homework as possible. Due to a medical condition my next truck has to be an Auto, with power windows etc...