New nissan patrol 2015 fuel economy

Paul

New 2015 Nissan Patrol (2100km on the clock), loves a drink of fuel. 15.72ltr/100km  nothing like what they say when you buying it 10 to 12ltr per 100km.

Its a manual to which should be good better than the auto. The wife drives it all week and she not heavy footed maybe I should of got the Toyota Prado hmm iam not happy chappie.

Hope it improves with age or its out the door cause at this rate it will be to expensive to run. 

Time will tell.

paul

Well, join the crowd.

This is becoming standard fare from Y61. CrD ZD30 seems to dring like it is a  LC200 V8 and yours is not the only one.

No one seems to pinpoint the reason but I can tell you right now Nissan $tealer will blame it all on you, if you fit bullbar, if you fit roof rack, if you fit seat covers .....you name it.

I'm going to be honest and tell you I wouldn't purchase 2015 Nissan Patrol Y61 with ZD30 engine today even if it was at half price sale.

Nissan have absolutely fcuked up this model for good. Engine drinks fuel like mad,(consider that some examples will take it to 17-19 L/100 category) the electronics to aid with stability control completely destroyed the aftermarket suspension fitment/mods and the famous Ni$$an warranty is something to behold.

I'm very much doubtful that the fuel eco will improve much, at best you'll be glad when it comes down to 13-14 L. It is insane that such modern fuel injection can't match the old crappy injection pump output .. I just managed to break under 11 L/100 on mine first time ever and that's with all the extras and M/T tyres and 3t constant weight.

Regards

Well I might but some tractor tyres on it to improve fuel economy. motor probly blow up then  haha.

Well on the plus side its just not me then, BP shares here I come.

I'll be going up to 32" or 33" tyres down the track which might help it a little.

I new wasn't good when we filled it up twice in the 1st week.

Time will tell.

paul

Ok just filled up getting 7.3km/per ltr  which is 13.69ltr/100km still not good but is getting better, there was a  200km of highway use in this.

My old GQ was getting11/100 and that had shitty under powered 2.8ltr TD engine with steel every thing on it.

Its running those Bridgestone Duellers A/T  atm so there history when they wear down, going to put Yokohama Geolandar HT/S on it then.

paul

Edited by Paul

I've got an '07 auto wagon and just replaced my worn out Maxxis a/t (closer to a highway tyre though) 285/70/17 with the same size in the more aggressive Toyo at2 and went up another 1lph at least. I'm sitting around 16lph now with new boots and the roof rack and awning back on. Up from 14lph before those changes.

If I had my time over I'd have gone 32" toyo at's instead of 33" as the extra rubber on the ground with a square edge tyre seems to make a big difference.

I'd love better economy but let's face it, the money you lose selling the car and buying another would probably buy enough fuel to keep you going for 3 years. Aside from the high consumption I love my patrol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Hi All

I have a 2015 patrol that uses about 18-19lts around town nothing like what the fuel usage sticker on the window said.

If i could do it over again i would have bought something else even through l love my Patrol its to juicy on fuel.

I wrote to Nissan about the high fuel usage and included a dyno report,still awaiting a reply.

I will keep you updated.

Regards Johnonline1.

• 3 months later...

Yes they did and there answer was that the fuek usage is within specs of the car and also the accessories that where fitted,bulbar ,winch,second battery and my driving habits.

In other words they dont want to know. Its my fault for putting all the extra weight on the car.

I have also started useing fuel doctor and thats made a big diffrence to the amounts of fuel used.

• 6 months later...

Have just done 1050km round trip last week in my 2015 GU N-Treck which has the Nissan bullbar, winch, tow bar, rubber matts, etc and BFG KO2 tyres running at 40psi. Also had two adults in the car with overnight bags and waeco.
The average fuel consumption was 10.9trs/100km.
Over Easter towed the 2.7t van from Melbourne northern suburbs to the Grampians (via the pentland hills and Moyston) and returned 17.8ltrs/ 100km.
I happy with those numbers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro