lift kits

bigkev

I've used the OME 2" springs with the Comfort Shocks for years now and have found that combination to be excellent for ride and handling. I've had the OME standard shocks in the past (the ones they always try to install with the 2" kit) and found them to be extremely harsh. The Comfort Shocks have softer valving in the compression stroke, so you don't get the jolt (lift) on bumps like you do with most other shocks. I've done a 100,000+km on my current setup and still going strong.

Cheers

Ray

Fit you want soft don't go Old Man Emu..

I found them to be very well priced and came with everything including steering dampener and gearbox spacers, but dam it's a stiff setup..

I usually drop my tyres to 15psi just to soften the ride..

You'll find that will happen if you take their standard setup for a 2" lift. You have to insist (beat them over their thick skulls) that they install the Comfort Shocks, as the installers will instinctively reach for the standard shocks and install them. I had this happen to me and when I drove out of the shop, I went about 500m, turned around and went back to the shop and told them I wanted the Comfort Shocks installed. When they checked, the installer had put in standard shocks. For the life of me, I can't understand why they don't try and promote the Comfort Shocks more, as they'd have a shed load of happy people recommending them far and wide.

Cheers

Ray

thanks heaps guys

I spoke to the guy who will fit it he said he is going to fit the Tough dog foam cell shocks has anyone heard of these and are they any good?

he did said that its the better shock to get so i still dont know i have 1month to do it.

Most suppliers with recommend and fit the gear that makes them the most profit, or whatever they have a license to sell. What I consider to be great ride and handling, others might consider to be crap. You're only going to find out by spending money.

Cheers

Ray

I've never been a fan of Tough dog shocks. I've used them and got rid of them after they started to leak though it was the 45mm adjustables that I had not the ones your referring too.

They seem to have more failures then any other shock. Think of them as the Coppers of the shock world and you will know what I mean. :lol:

The only shocks I will use these days are Bilsteins.

Cheers Mick.

I have the iron man oversize foam cell shocks and 2" lift and oversize damper.

They were an excellent improvement when I first installed them and are still excellent now years later. I also got the HD springs - the bumps do seem smoother when you have a load in, but are comfortable when the car is empty too.

I got mine from John Zordo at zordos suspension (Google it). He is very knowledgeable and doesn't sell you stuff that you don't need.. unlike other places..

Service is excellent too. He can fit there or just post the gear yo you.

After sales service is great too, one of my spring tower rubbers was creaking (not his fault, they were just old) but he diagnosed it over the phone and sent me some for free.. that's excellent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been a fan of Tough dog shocks. I've used them and got rid of them after they started to leak though it was the 45mm adjustables that I had not the ones your referring too.

They seem to have more failures then any other shock. Think of them as the Coppers of the shock world and you will know what I mean. :lol:

The only shocks I will use these days are Bilsteins.

Cheers Mick.

ill swap you your shocks for my king smoothies.

• 1 year later...

+ 1 for the Tough Dogs , I got a full 2" lift kit dampener etc, winch compatible front & constant 200kg rear spring set up like Rumcjas.

It's a little stiff unloaded but you need to set it up for the load and tracks you intend to use unless you get an adjustable set up.

I'm happy with mine, it felt sooooo much better to drive after replacing the original set up.

Everyone's MMV but at lest we all drive trolls ;-)

Cheers