stupid forum!

the other forum is in the fritz again. . . . patrol4x4.com is virus free? yeah right.

so this time im getting kicked out on my iphone, wont let me log on. . . . . .

im getting all the string fault codes again, and i cant post or pm from my computer! grr.

but i can somehow edit my signatures. . . . . WTF???

Whats it doing to you?

http://www.exploitsd...version 3.8.3/1

For a start.

Step by step instructions. http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/computer-hacking-programming/446209-tute-hacking-vbulletin-4-x-4-1-3-a.html

But it occurs to me the admin only need to hack the mail server to terry's email and force a password reset(easy) then they have full access, change all passwords and cyber-yoink the site via intellectual property rights sale to themselves.

Edited by Jacket_1985

Settle down gentlemen, yes there is a problem with the forum after it dropped out this morning. After getting gobbledygook late this morning, it will not let me sign in now.

There are people looking into it as we speak. The forum is still virus free no worries there. OldMav and others are doing a lot of work in the background that no one knows about or can appreciate how difficult it is, so just hold the phone for a little longer.

We always have this forum to fall back on, but damn I don't want to lose all the info we have on the other, simply too much knowldege goes down the drain. I have met a lot of great people on the Patrol 4x4 forum to nice to walk away from just like that.

Getting the right legal fix is not as simple as some may say.

Edited by geeyoutoo

With regards to a legal fix - I think they are kidding themselves.. Its Terry's forum (so were told), and if he doesnt want anything to do with it and dosnt want to part with it, then no one else has any right to take it away from him... He owns it - full stop. I cannot see any legal way to take the forum unless he is willing - If he is not then its immoral and basic theft. While I understand people have an attachment to the place and have invested time moderating or participation, that doesnt give them legal ownership.

Its like one of you trying to take this place from me.. Without my permission, there is basically stuff all you can do.

With regards to a legal fix - I think they are kidding themselves.. Its Terry's forum (so were told), and if he doesnt want anything to do with it and dosnt want to part with it, then no one else has any right to take it away from him... He owns it - full stop. I cannot see any legal way to take the forum unless he is willing - If he is not then its immoral and basic theft. While I understand people have an attachment to the place and have invested time moderating or participation, that doesnt give them legal ownership.

Its like one of you trying to take this place from me.. Without my permission, there is basically stuff all you can do.

As I said there are a few very good people working in the background to find a satisfactory resolution, that will se everyone come out a winner and legally. I truly hope it works and I wish them all the luck in the world with there efforts.

That does not mean this forum does not have a future, there is room for both.

As I said there are a few very good people working in the background to find a satisfactory resolution, that will se everyone come out a winner and legally. I truly hope it works and I wish them all the luck in the world with there efforts.

That does not mean this forum does not have a future, there is room for both.

We all know the Mods are doing everything they can, but they cannot do it all without Terry, if they do, without Terry's approval something dodgy went down.

The Mods on P4x4 are good people, they are trying their hardest and should be praised as such, but there is only so much that can be done. Don't get me wrong, I want to see P4x4 restored to its glory, there is just soo much info in there I refer to all the time, but their abilities are limited.

Last straw for me, been on there for almost 4 yrs.

Sick of BS, lets get this place going. I also joined nissanpatrol a couple of days ago :ph34r:

Yeah, im getting over it. . . and iv kept my opinions to myself in this area.

Start saving whatever valuable data you think should be transferred to this forum, all your contacts, photo's etc, copy everything you want to keep. . . . i think the forum is going down the tube.

any documents. . . i see that a few "bibles" have made it across. . . . how about a few other stickies over there, there is a lot of data we should try to save.

Edited by Jacket_1985

We all know the Mods are doing everything they can, but they cannot do it all without Terry, if they do, without Terry's approval something dodgy went down.

The Mods on P4x4 are good people, they are trying their hardest and should be praised as such, but there is only so much that can be done. Don't get me wrong, I want to see P4x4 restored to its glory, there is just soo much info in there I refer to all the time, but their abilities are limited.

There is a lot more back room stuff going on than you and I know about, so it ain't over yet by a long shot, we need to have a bit of faith in OldMav, Mat and the other guy's. They are trying their hardest and I'm confident in their ability to get there, today is just another hiccup in a long chain of events. If it does go belly up it won't be for the lack of trying and if it does stay up then we as a group need to do all we can to help these guy's keep it going.

Exactly what I attempted to post yesterday in reply to Jet's comments about things going on in the background that they can't tell us about.

As I tried to say, sounds like a Hostile take over or a koo.

The forum admins have always taken a moral High ground, it now seems they are determined to take over the forum by hook or by crook.

If there is a legal way of doing it, fair enough but I can't see any and then there is the moral question of " I want it and you weren't using it so I did some manouvering and took it".

IF they can convince the owner to part with it, good and well but all this stuff supposedly going on behind the scenes at this point dosen't sound exactly Kosher or as straight forward as buying it off him.

Peter had a go at someone the other week at the suggestion of copying and transfering the info there to here, it would be pretty hypocritical to take over the whole forum by anyother means than with the owners full permission and consent. Maybe that's what they are trying to do and I hope it is, but they sure are making things sound complex and somewhat underhanded.

I still don't get the obsession with it as a forum.

The info that's there is only as good as the search engine really. Nothing that isn't known by people now and could be answered again with up to date info.

There is also just as much opportunity for frindships to be forged here as anywhere else. A forum is just a URL and as far as that goes, from what I can see here, this one has more to offer.

It's the people that make any forum what it is so a lot easier to start again here and carry on as usual I say.

Yeah, it does sound like a bit of a Koo.

To stay on the moral high ground thou, I would prefer if people brought over their own content only. If enough of you guys did that, this place would be rocking in no time.

I haven't been able to post since yesterday and now have been logged out and can't log in. Can't say it's confidence building at all.

Cheers

Ray

I'm in the same position but apparently some can so it's strange, I can only get in as a visitor (it just ignores me, but I'm used to that :)) but I noted a reply to something I said in the morning from 6pm last night from another member.

I spoke to a mod last night. There's still hope.

I haven't been able to post since yesterday and now have been logged out and can't log in. Can't say it's confidence building at all.

Cheers

Ray

I am in the same boat, I can go on as avisitor but it ignores me when I try to sign in (lucky I don't have an inferiority complex, could be devastating).

Some appear to be able to get in, I checked at 6pm last night and someone had replied to a post I did at 10am in the morning, I was locked out when I tried to log back on after midday.

I was talking to a mod last night, there is still hope, but in the meantime I am going to try and replicate some of my info threads just in case.

EDIT: Sorry for some reason my previous post disappeared from my screen so I thought I had hit the wrong button now I've duplicated it.......

Edited by geeyoutoo